Case Study Extracts
- We were instructed to carry out a valuation of a Waste Recycling facility and provide reinstatement values for both the buildings and plant and equipment. Our valuation report concluded that the client was over insured by approximately £20million.
- The analysis of valuations undertaken for the utility sector showed that clients were approximately 75% under insured.
The technology used in the energy sector is constantly changing. Clients are placing more emphasis and focus on delivering solutions to increase the efficiency and lifespan of their assets in order to maximize company profits. Any downtime caused by a loss can be very costly, especially when coupled with the high value and long lead time for obtaining replacement assets. Therefore crystallizing the risk of under insurance through an accurate valuation is a key consideration in this sector.
- Tracking of fluctuating exchange rates.
- Ensures the company is not under insured in the event of a loss. Justify and support a claim settlement.
- Ensures the company is not over insured and correct cover is purchased.
- Enables risk management to target effort and spend on risk reduction strategies more effectively, particularly on business critical operations including areas of significantly higher risk.
- Eliminates time consuming and unnecessary pressure on in house personnel in providing reinstatement insurance values.
- Establishment of a long term programme to maintain accurate replacement insurance values including annual updates.
- Provision of detailed plant registers for energy facilities enables accurate tracking of
additions, disposals and transfers.
“Rushton recently carried out a valuation for one of our top clients in the oil &gas sector. From start to finish they acted in the highest professional manner and delivered everything to satisfy our client’s requirements. Our client was very impressed with the on-site team and the way they went about the job with minimal impact on day to day operations. Rushton have also provided excellent after care and came in to review the project at the client’s request following the valuation exercise. Rushton are a strong professional company and one we would recommend to others.”
Endorsed by Ricardo Lewis, Treasury and Risk Development of Trinidad and