Remote technology within the Construction industry
By Rebeccah Dowell, June 21st 2021
Over recent years, drone usage has soared within the Construction industry and is now known to be one of the main operators of remote technology.
Drones are able to help create a number of improvements from start to completion of projects, increasing efficiency and providing live data of all construction movement.
With the technology continuing to develop and evolve, it is clear to see why these have become a construction favourite in determining work to be carried out.
Possible benefits of using remote technology:
- As many construction projects are to a large scale, drones allow surveyors to carry out and examine a site from an aerial perspective which can effectively reduce time.
- Particularly in urban locations where space may be an issue, drones allow surveyors to inspect and zoom into any hard to view areas.
- The data collected from remote technology can be used in a variety of ways which can help communicate a projects journey effectively, with both clients and internal teams.
- Remote technology allows those within the construction industry to be aware of any safety issues before exploring a site, allowing them to keep on top of changing conditions which may impact safety.
- Reduce the need for construction employees to work at a height.
- Technology advances including thermography, digital mapping and electrical equipment testing have the ability to display any problems that may need to be identified.
- Allows designers and architects to vision how a new building may look from both a practical and aesthetic viewpoint.
Taking into consideration the above points, drone activity will continue to evolve over time allowing organisations the ability to accurately estimate materials and buildings, making it an effective and cost-efficient technology.
About Rushton International
Rushton International is an independent and impartial asset valuation and advisory firm. We specialise in the valuation of plant, equipment and buildings for insurance purposes. With our team of qualified and accredited valuers, we have the experience, qualifications and expertise to value any asset, anywhere in the world.Read more
Rushton International is a tried and trusted name in insurance valuations. Our valuation advice assists clients, risk managers and their brokers to accurately and confidentially set sums insured for the fixed assets in their insurance programme.More
We work with our clients to deliver comprehensive valuation advice for financial reporting purposes. By using our sector experience and market knowledge we are able to assist with the valuation of plant, equipment and other specialised assets in order to estimate fair value for GAAP and IFRS financial reporting purposes.More
Rushton International provides asset management solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs. Our work ranges from asset verification, preparation of computerised asset registers and updating asset registers.More