Sustainability in the Workplace
By Rebeccah Dowell, May 18th 2021
As World Environmental Day is fast approaching, here at Rushton International we have been analysing measures taken within the organisation to become more sustainable and explored further ways we can help reduce our carbon footprint, waste, and paper reduction.
Paper is hugely wasted in offices around the UK and it is estimated that for every tonne of paper recycled, around 17 trees and 26,500 litres of water is saved. In addition to this, recycling helps reduce water pollutants and helps ease the strain on landfills.
Actions we are currently taking to help reduce waste:
- Within our offices we have recycling boxes dotted around for our employees to use
- To save paper, we have reconsidered our printing habits and implemented a printing policy for necessary use only
- Sending digital copies of reports
- Reusing smartphones.
Aiming for zero waste to landfill
Office waste is often recyclable but without appropriate systems in place, it is easy for these items to end up in landfill. It is therefore extremely important for Rushton International to impose small and simple steps across the whole business to help reduce this waste.
We will aim to encourage our employees to:
- Use reusable water bottles
- Not use single-use packaging where possible
- Reuse simple office items such as packaging, boxes and stationary
- Remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle!
The nature of our industry can sometimes make it extremely hard to cut down on our carbon footprint, however we are making a conscious effort to help reduce traveling where possible:
- During the COVID-19 pandemic we were quick to realise that we are able to carry out asset valuations from the desk which is a method proved extremely successful over the past year (The Impact of COVID-19 on the UK construction market – Rushton)
- Become more digitally connected with clients by utilising video conferences and simple voice calls.
All the above are small contributions we are taking as an organisation to help become more sustainable for the planet and our future.
About Rushton International
Rushton International is an independent and impartial asset valuation and advisory firm. We specialise in the valuation of plant, equipment and buildings for insurance purposes. With our team of qualified and accredited valuers, we have the experience, qualifications and expertise to value any asset, anywhere in the world.Read more
Rushton International is a tried and trusted name in insurance valuations. Our valuation advice assists clients, risk managers and their brokers to accurately and confidentially set sums insured for the fixed assets in their insurance programme.More
We work with our clients to deliver comprehensive valuation advice for financial reporting purposes. By using our sector experience and market knowledge we are able to assist with the valuation of plant, equipment and other specialised assets in order to estimate fair value for GAAP and IFRS financial reporting purposes.More
Rushton International provides asset management solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs. Our work ranges from asset verification, preparation of computerised asset registers and updating asset registers.More